YOU and I are only ever as good professionally as we are personally.
We've all got "that friend" that soars professionally but is a train-wreck personally true. BUT ... imagine how that friend could really soar if they actually had it together internally and externally.
Now back to you.
Have you ever looked at your default responses to stress?
Have you ever turned off your 'autopilot' and actively chosen to respond, rather than react when your buttons are being pushed?
If you've had enough of being triggered by external forces & losing your cool, here's an "easy" fix:
instead of letting your blood boil, choose instead to physically smile, just a little bit.
Yes, I suggest you smile as your first response.
It commences a whole new chemical reaction inside your brain which affects your mind ... positively. THEN we’re each able to focus on thinking of a solution rather than getting bogged down in being pissed off & wasting time & energy in the heat of the moment.
Well ... it sounds simple, but remembering to choose to smile is the key.
Think its hogwash?
For a week.
If you immediately recognise the smarts of this approach but aren't sure you can remember to use it ... join in the 3 Week Brain Bootcamp starting on 1st of July.
Here's a link for more info. But be QUICK: closing tomorrow.
Whatever choice you make, please, try choosing a smile FIRST.
Come and tell me how this goes for you?
Kindness from Sharee Campbell
Feedback from 3 week Brain Bootcamp:
“made me accept me for who I am, warts and all”
“rather than beat myself up or regret choices, I now see the lessons”
"I finally feel like I've got my shit together"
“I find myself more gentle & realistic with my self-expectations & with my expectations of others too”
“I am much more forgiving of myself and others because of my new outlook on life”
“less stress, more relaxation though I’m working just as hard”
“I feel I am more capable of genuine communication”
“feeling more loving towards my family and people in general”
“fear and self-doubt are not a worry anymore”
“my thinking is far wiser”
“I’m less judgemental”
“pushing my boundaries is in itself making me stronger & happier”
“I’m more productive at work”
“if only the rest of the world could catch on to this, how different life would be”
“I’m not worried about ridiculous fear-based bullshit happening any more”
"my kids are learning how to get themselves together through copying my new behaviours"
Feb 3, 2017
How do we enjoy more?
- Know what you need & want
- Enable Others to get what they need & want
- Communicate clearly throughout the processes
Effective communication starts with using your 'caring smarts' more than your IQ. Grow your EQ (Emotional intelligence Quotient). Here are some 'easy-green' to 'black-run' ideas for you to try. Seriously give a new approach a sincere try for a week and notice the improvement in your good luck, and overall results from your endeavours.
Some you're already using, bravo! Try and upskill:
- look that person in the eyes when you're listening & talking (or the eyes in the room when presenting)
- listen without forming your responses and 'storing them' in rebuttal (difficulty level 9, reward level 10)
- or ... at least listen longer before responding
- focus on that conversation & remain present for it
- choose to respond instead of react (you ARE an adult now)
- choose to 'allow' the other person their ideas & opinions ... why wouldn't you if no other person is in immediate danger (have you tried this recently?)
- offer a solution if you can ... instead of stringing things out & wasting time
- empathy is like a muscle, use it and it becomes stronger and gains greater purpose
- ... and the good old "pretend you're in the position of the person you're talking with" to create deeper empathy
How you think is how you feel. How you feel is how your life is. Your life. You choose.